Please upload your responses through the online application. You may upload them in a single file or two separate files.
Personal essay 1. Autobiographical Statement. Attach to this application a statement of not more than 1500 words in which you give as full a picture of yourself as you can. Some things to consider:
- Your reasons for undertaking theological study
- Your objectives in entering the degree program for which you are applying
- How you think the Episcopal Divinity School can help you achieve these objectives
- Your understanding of Church and its ministry
- An assessment of your strengths and limitations
- Issues of contemporary life about which you are most deeply concerned
Personal essay 2. EDS is committed to multicultural, anti-oppression dialogue, theological reflection, and prophetic action. These are starting points to analyze various forms of oppression and their intersections. Write a 500-word essay reflecting on how the ways in which gender, racial identity, sexual identity, class, ability, and/or other related issues may affect this dialogue, theological reflection and prophetic action.